for my final project I would like to go in an extraterrestrial direction . . . .
I will be using a particle system to create an interactive planetarium that I can project onto a ceiling. My basic idea is to have points on a night sky that:
- move slowly in a relative plane
- are grouped into organic clusters
- are of multiple size
- twinkle or some variety of brightness
- have some fun user interaction that effects either a portion of the particles, or maybe all of them?
During a recent NYU dumpster diving trip, I came across two 6500lumen christie projectors. I think this will be a fun way to use them! I am lucky to have 14′ high ceilings in my apartment, so my ceiling will be a perfect place to project some star fields.
For the user input, I would like to keep it simple. Something about a big trackball seems planetary 🙂
Some of the Nature of Code examples I would like to take advantage of are:
- Attraction forces
- Particle Systems
- Motion acceleration forces
- Fluid resistance?